Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Hard Candy "Glamoflauge" review

Hard Candy Glamoflauge

Hey cupcakes! I am a 29 year old mother of two, who is a morning person with a night owl husband. Needless to say, sleep is sometimes hard to come by and my genetics betrayed me in the under eye area from the get go. My adult life wearing make up has been a constant search for something that would actually make me look my age and convince the world I got more sleep than I actually did.

I have been looking at concealers, brands like Kat Von D, Too Faced, and Urban Decay...but let's be honest. Those prices really aren't one income stay at home Mom friendly. At several points in time in the online beauty community, I have heard about Hard Candy's Glamoflauge. It's drug store available and under $10, so I thought it would be a good place to start before breaking the bank on the more expensive products. It absolutely blew my expectations out of the water.


 I purchased the Glamoflauge concealer in the shade "Ultra light" and much to my surprise, it was light enough for my pale skin (#palebeforetwilightmadeitcool) and the coverage is nothing short of AMAZING. It's a heavy duty coverage without being cakey. And SIX DOLLARS you guys. I am blown away. Here is a before and after shot:


These photos are completely untouched. It took me from deep blue/purple under eye circles, to completely smooth, young, and awake under eyes. 

After I fell in love with the concealer, I went out and got the matching foundation. While the color is a good match, the consistency is not comparable to the concealer at all. It's thin and streaky. I probably would not purchase it in the future, which is sad because I have such a hard time finding foundations light enough.  I wouldn't recommend the foundation, but the concealer more than makes up for the Glamoflauge line of products.

I'll leave you with my finished makeup look that day, using the Glamoflauge concealer and foundation. Let me know what you think and if you guys have tried any of the Glamoflauge products! Cupakes, vodka, and hakuna matata!


-Sammi Cupcake


 

No comments:

Post a Comment