Friday, May 6, 2016

Pale Princesses

Hey guys! I try not to post about things that don't work, but at the same time I want to always give you guys my honest opinion on products; so after much debating I decided to share my personal experience with my fellow pale princesses. The items we'll be reviewing today I've heard highly rated among others in the beauty community so I couldn't wait to try them for myself, considering "porcelain" shades are usually 1 or 2 shades too dark for me.



The products I'm talking about are Manic Panic's "Dreamtone" and StarGazer's white pressed powder. I spent about $15 on Amazon for the two products online. The day they were set to arrive in the mail, I waited to put on my makeup until they got here (which was 2pm) because I was just so excited to have something that would match my skin tone. It turned out to be a total bummer.

The foundation by itself is super thin, which was okay because I bought it with the intention of mixing it with my favorite foundation that is just a little bit too dark. It didn't mix well at all, and it just made a clumpy mess, which was even worse when applied. It was very patchy and uneven in application, and it felt like I was wearing stage makeup. I tried to apply the pressed powder over it, which just made things worse. It was thick and applied perhaps even more cakey than the foundation. This was the result within an hour of wear.


First of all, you guys better know I love you. This picture is super unflattering but I wanted to show you what I meant. As I hope you can tell...the color on my forehead is really patchy and cakey. It applied really thick under my eyes and didn't stay on my cheeks and nose well at all. Just a huge mess. I've had dollar foundations apply better and stay longer than these two.

So yeah...that's it for today guys. Stay away from these two disasters and save your money. Maybe one day makeup brands will realize us pale girls wear makeup too.

-Sami Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment