Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Maybelline "Dream Velvet" review

Hey cupcakes! I found another drug store product I just had to share with you guys. I'm sure I'm not alone in my never ending quest for the "perfect foundation," (especially since I am a member of the pale girls club) so when I heard good reviews on this one AND it's under $10-I had to try it.


Big surprise, the lightest shade is too dark for me, but it's not as bad as most drug store foundations are. I've learned a well placed "translucent" powder on top will usually lighten them up enough to pass for my porcelain skin color.


The formula however is the biggest sell for me. As you could guess from the name, it has a smooth velvety consistency and is so quick and easy to apply. I apply it with my beauty blender and no joke, it's on in less than a minute. Maybelline describes it as a "soft-matte hydrating foundation" and I think they got it just about right.

It's not cakey, but it's thick enough to cover up any dark spots/under eye circles/blemishes you may have. Seriously guys, next time you're out, pick up some of this foundation. I don't think you'll be disappointed!


The proof is in the pudding, as they say. There is me wearing shade "05-Warm Porcelain". Let me know if you have tried this foundation before and what you think, or if you go out and buy it after reading this blog. I love to hear from you guys!

-Sammi Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment